As Barbados celebrates 53 years of independence this month, here are 5 things you did not know about Barbados, or had you forgotten.
- The peak of Mount Hillaby is the highest point of Barbados.
- Bim and Bimshire are two other names people refer to Barbados.
- In 1961, Barbados Deep Water Harbour was opened by Sir Grantley Adams, The 1st Prime Minister of the West Indies Federation .
- In 1973 Barbados Introduced Its $1 Dollar Note, But Was Shortly Never Issued Again. The $2 Dollar Note Was Then Introduced In 1980, Making It The Lowest Denomination Printed Currency Of Barbados.
- In 1977, British Airways Concorde, a supersonic aircraft, marked its first arrival into Barbados in order to return Her Majesty The Queen home to England.
#Barbados #BarbadosTurns53 #Independence #History #CountDownTo53